5 februari 2009

to drive or not to drive....


After my motorcycle accident here in Chiang Mai 11 days ago, I'm in the process of evaluating, day and night on my back the subject: "Motorcycles in Missions". Anna and I have been driving vespa and motorcycles many thousands of miles, in 7 Asian countries under 34 years. Motorcycles in Asia today is an established means of transport for men, women and children and goods of various kinds. Even after this dramatic close-to-death-experience, I'm am determined not to stop driving motorcycle,but to continue to:
Wear a good a helmet, securely fastened. Without the helmet I would not be alive.
Drive with more space between me and other vehicles.
Avoid driving on roads with fast moving traffic. The accident happened at rush hour with lots of cars and trucks. It's a miracle that they didn't drive over me.
My calender for this month was fully booked. But now I am anchored to the bed. At the same time I understand that my accident can communicate something to us all and God can turn this to something good. Many Christian leaders are deeply touched when they visit me. Thank you for your prayers. Greetings from Ingvar at Ram Hospital in Chiang Mai.
(His private secretary: Anna)