18 februari 2009

Rehabilitation - from the receiving end.

Over the years I have been involved in many different kinds of rehabilitation programs – for others. But now, I myself am at the receiving end. And this is a much harder experience. I had 6 weeks rehabilitation from Hepatitis A, Jan-Feb 1975. We were at that time just new in Bangladesh. My orthopedic doctor has now given me instructions how to start – in the bed – to build up my body again, specially my right leg. It´s a good move in the right direction.To rebuild that which has been broken, gives many new learning opportunities. I thank God for His constant provision of rest and hope. And… I am happy to be alive today. My prayer is that all that I now am learning – the hard way - I will put into practice and by that be able to bless others, who goes through tough rehabilitation. The word in 2 Cor 1:3-7 is ringing in my ears: ”….. God of all comfort .... that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”  Ingvar