8 februari 2009

"Brace for impact-because we are going down."


Anna and Ruth have gone to the ACTS church for the sunday service.  I can see the church's roof from my bed here in the hospital.  The church fellowship, even from the hospital bed, is a blessing. 
Last wednesday, Daniel Emilsson (son of Stefan and Barbro) reminded me of the service we had on the 18th of January, when I was leading the communion.  I had recited the words: "Brace for Impact-because we are going down."  These words come from Captain Sullenberger when Flight 1549 was forced to emergency land on the Hudson River.  All of the 155 survived.  I was reminded that the power of the cross works in all of life's situations and that Jesus can help us even in life's hardest landings.  
Thank you Daniel: you are a good MK (missionary kid) that helps us older missionaries to never forget to live in the presence where the evangelical works and is needed.  Where the most fantastic in Heaven is visible on earth such as: praise and worship, God's power and God's love.  Mission is for people in need, not for the people in paradise.
"Brace for Impact-because we are going down."
Ingvar