22 september 2012

‘’This is My target group.’’



While worshipping alone in the TOL meeting room in preparation for the initial and special Cross Current Program,  the Lord was coming through with His gentle voice: ‘‘This is My target group’’.
I started to ponder upon this. The assignment of Jesus was first to the Jews. The commissioning of the disciples was Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth.The Gentiles were Pauls assignment. Another target group for Paul was the Macedonians....and so on.
For God so loved the world that he sent His only begotten son...... God targets mankind.
He loves and targets us all. But for us human beings we are only able to focus on a small area even for the best person we are limited. The Lord is limitless. 
Many years ago while working in Bangladesh at the time when the nation was one of the poorest in the world, we were frequently asked:’‘ How can you cope seeing the starving masses and still being limited to people and resources?  The answer at that time was simply: I focus on the individual.  If I focus on the masses, my mind says: it is in vain, our help is a drop in the ocean. 
Another lesson the Lord taught me was: Seeing Jesus in the ones we targetted... ‘‘whatever you do to one of these little ones, you do unto Me’’. Maybe we can call that a double vision:-). 
It was so good to hear the confirming words yesterday: ''This is My target group'', so I quickly responded: Lord if this is Your target group, then it is mine too.’’ And so we had a heavenly agreement! Agreements are powerful and binding. Jesus is committed to this work and I am committed to it and to Him! 
Love Anna