5 september 2012

Love God and love my neighbor. Full stop!

It is not so strange that Jesus gave us one commandment containing all the commandments which was given to Moses:
Love God ...... and love your neighbor as yourself.
If we love everything else falls into place.
Jesus himself, God as man, loved us unto death upon the cross.
There is such explosive power in love, something which is effortless but yet so difficult.
But I sense the difficulty lies in that we make it complicated.

We check to see if the object of our love is good enough to waste some love upon.
We try to figure out if our love will be received, even before we give...
We tick off our list of offenses and see if ‘our neighbor’ is repentant enough for a dose of love.
We demand first and then make a choice to give or not!
Can you imagine if God would have loved in this way. Then there would be no hope for us all.

Last Sunday I visited a friend and she put on the film ‘‘Father of Lights’’ by Darren Wilson. I highly recommend viewing this film. It touches deep, so deep it even hurts, and puts a lot of our values on edge. 
My mind made a journey to memories when Ingvar and I have seen the power of God’s love totally melt down opposition. Where love forcing its way through our heart like a mighty river, changing people and situations, healing wounds and diseases in a moment. 

We have seen the miracles, we have tasted the power of love, what is it that hinders us to live in it constantly? I will write more about this but there is a key in Prov 4:23 Above all, keep your heart, because out of flows the issues of life.

Now back to the present time: One of ‘’the families in crisis’’ whom have been in our fellowship for some time, our plan A was to love  without expecting anything in return, to love despite of what we saw was most unloveable. We had no plan B. The miracle happened. That love touched him so deep that he took a step right into Daddy’s arms. This reminds me about ‘‘the prodigal son- embraced by Dad’’.

I feel that I need to come back to the simple foundation of what mission is, but also the reason why we are here on earth: Love God and love my neighbor. Full stop!!
In His Love Anna