3 mars 2009

Caregiver in 3 stages

Thank You, all who encourage me with:”Don`t lose heart”. I am now doing physiotherapy and the doctor says I can go home on Thursday. That will be wonderful. This with catastrophes and to be a Caregiver gives me many lessons these days, as a care receiver. I experience 3 stages:
1st Stage: To Survive. I am first a victim and need all the help I can receive to survive.
2nd Stage: To come back to previous capacity. Rehabilitation starts. I love my work and to hear the words:”Soon you are back in full action”, encourages me.
But… when visitors share one more stage with me - something special starts to happen inside me:
3rd Stage: To come through stronger. To go through this crisis and then “only” make it back to the same level as before – sounds terrible and meaningless. There must be something more, bigger, deeper and higher to it all! I have experienced that when they share this 3rd stage with me, my whole being is filled with life and I want to go through this crisis - much stronger. So that I will be able to help and bless others even better. Ingvar