8 juni 2012

Transition - strawberries - and weeds


Last Tuesday Ingvar and I came home to Bleket together. This is the first time we are coming home from Asia to our own house. This fact has in some way not landed in my reality yet. It helps me to weed the garden, dig in the flowerbeds, arrange some Geraniums in the windows. The hanging basket is back in the plum tree, and the flowerpot on lid to the well, is filled. 
The hand woven carpets are washed and placed where we like to have them, and little symbols of the 'Fredrikson-home' have been unpacked. Already the second day we were joining the little prayer fellowship - and it felt so right. Hearing them pray was like a well known melody and it touches the strings of the heart.   

For Ingvar the transition time- to fully land in a place is very short. I asked him what does he do to adjust so quickly: he said: I just take a stroll around the house to check everything out, then I fell at home already.  
We are all different regarding the time we need to adjust to new or readjust to a former known place. Transition time.

As I was pulling the weeds in our garden I was thinking about the parable of Jesus in Matthew 13 ''....do you want us then to go and gather them(the tares) up?But he said, No, lest while you gather up the tares  you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until harvest...''

Grass and dandelions are growing very close to our strawberry plants, I decided to let the weeds be as not to pull up the plants with them and destroy the fruit.

In my mind I am thinking about the little Healing Fellowship we have in CM, a group of people of whom  the society has given up, in their lives are lots of weeds, and if we right now would  try  to pull out the weeds, we will destroy the good which has been sown into their lives of hope and value and maybe an ounce of trust. So at the moment we are trying to focus on that which is good.
I am sure there are various interpretations of this parable-, and it is a good parable to digest over and over again.
Love
Anna