11 mars 2012

Love me for who I am!


I listened to a song which was written for children with special needs. One sentence sounded like this:

-''Please don't try to fix me

Love me for who I am''.

When I listened to it I was thinking: But this is a need among all of us: To be loved for who we are and not having to endure someone else's pursuit in trying to fix us into something we are not, just to satisfy others.

On the other hand, how easy is it not, in relationship, marriage, in churches to try to fix each other.

God loved me before I said YES to him. He loved me with all my weaknesses, incompleteness, and shortcomings. And He loves me all the way, through failures and brokenness. That's something we ought to learn from Him, in the midst of a world who only looks for perfectness.

Love

Anna