26 maj 2009

God's Pefume


I just came back from the nightly walk with Lukas, around a housing area full of blooming bushes. Gardenia, Jasmine, Queen of the Night and others I do not know their names, fills the air with a wonderful fragrance. My thoughts goes to the truth, that God, through Jesus who lives in us, spreads the fragrance, the perfume of the knowledge of the Creator in every place.(My parafrased version of 2 Cor 2:14 ).
Every morning when Ingvar comes down from his shower and shave and a splash of aftershave, before he turns out through the door, he passes and gives me a 'bye-now-darling'- kiss. The fragrance of his aftershave lingers in the air and on my lips even when he is gone.
God doesn't have an aftershave, but a fragrance that lingers in the air around us when we have been kissed by him or have fellowship with him. We are also like a garden full of fragrant herbs. It is as if some of them are slumbering and needs a wind of heaven to release, so that others around us will be able to enjoy them.
Come O Wind of Heaven and blow on my garden, so that the fragrant herbs you planted in me can give life and pleasure to those around me.
Love Anna