8 maj 2009

Guest of Honor

This morning when I was taking Lukas on his(actually my)morning walk, as usual he finds "the table prepared for him in front of his enemies", that is the dogs of the neighborhood, and a hand full of delicious bones.... just for him!
As I walked on, I found myself meditating on the verse in Psalm 23 where it says "You prepared my table in front of my enemies" and found in this translation it continues" You welcomed me as an honored guest.....". Jesus invites me as an honored guest, because in older translations it has "You anoint my head with oil, which was an old custom".
Jesus Himself invites me into His presence, to His table as an honored guest. I have kind of thought the opposite only: I invite Him as the Guest of Honor in my home.
My heart is excited and in awe. I am His guest of honor. And so are you!!
Love
Anna