10 november 2019

A-B-C

I like to compare God's talk and people's talk. Sometimes they correspond, sometimes not. Acts 4:20 came strong to me one night:  For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.” The A-B-C is:

A)  We speak boldly what the Bible says. Both what people in The Old Testement and in The New Testement experienced by God's action and God's direct Word to them.
B)  I speak boldly what I myself have seen and heard what God does and speaks in and around me. It`s becomes my living testimony.
C)  I speak what others have experienced of God`s action and words. Both new and old belivers have wonderful testimonies. Are we giving them space to share their testimony about what God has done for them and spoken to them?

Dear pastor and missionary colleagues, it is so easy to stay at A. Over the years we have 100% correct theology, but along the way we have lost B and C?

One person today testified in the Streams of Grace Church about how she was so frustrated, but God strengthened her in the middle of the night. She felt God's word and ... a "warm hug". At first she thought it was her son who hugged her ... in his sleep. But it wasn't. She was strengthened by God's presence, so she cried load with gratitude. She also cried when she told it in the Church.

One man has said:
I have been "chewing" on these words. Yes, it is true that we believers also can have problems, but the problems are not becoming our Lord. So the truth is:
Have a blessed week in this A-B-C. Ingvar (Fred)