30 november 2014

Anna: Can you find for me a church with the warmth and love for the broken?

Someone called me and asked this question yesterday. The question penetrated my soul. And it reverberated against the walls of my heart until it breaks me.Someone had a comment the other week saying: You are so (read TOO) embracing.
Were is the church that is so welcoming that it is OK to come in imperfect. To be embrace by Fathers love and in the safety of that love let the guards down. Becoming true and honest. Offering a place, where it is OK to need a place of confessing our sins and receiving forgiveness. Where encouragement and hope is shared and voiced stronger than all the condemnation. Where is the church with love and warmth, for the ones freezing out there in the selfishness and cold heartedness of our times.
Does the question break your heart as it does mine? Shall we do something about it?
Love
Anna