15 juni 2014

Flying termites, mud and heaven!

The monsoon rains just started. Slimy roads with threatening visits in ditches or swarming flying termites, the lack of pre-communicated program could not stop the joy of ministering to this beautiful tribe on the other side of Mekong. If I look to the outer appearance and not with the love of Jesus in my heart, I might see this village embedded in this tropical forest, poverty stricken and everything covered in red dirt.
Then suddenly one comes up and walks alongside me, starting to share her life. I ask how old are you? ''I am 21 years old, have 11 younger siblings. Mum takes care of the babies, dad is weak cannot not work enough to feed the family. I am working to help support us. I have 2 friends who have gone to Bible school. I would love to study the Bible.'' Then she leaves my side taking another trail to her house. Waving saying '' I'm coming to the gathering''.
I reach this church. They just hosed the stairs and floor in the church to get rid of a layer of red mud. It is truly slippery and I have to hold on to rails and wall, not to slip.
We are here because suddenly there has opened up a door, an unusual request to speak to the youth, in this place where officially we are forbidden as a foreigner to speak. Here we had received special permission from the headman. When I read my friends email prior to coming I said ''oops'' he went to the headman? This almost feels like a trap. Countless of people have been jailed because of doing what we were just going to do.
Here we are, 35 little kids are waiting for us in tidy rows. Noone hangs over them to keep them calm or disiplined. So unlike where we work. The youth were to come an hour later. The little ones just wanted to be there. They were not invited. The second day, the same happened, we took the opportunity to minister to them before the youth arrived and it felt like this was what heaven wanted.
As we prayed for these little ones they sat like little angels with faces shining with such peace and joy that I just wanted to drink in the beauty. So precious. My friends and I we just sensed that this  moment was to release these kids to be like firebrands in this community. I felt like we were commissioning the least and the greatest in the Kingdom of God. And I am eager to hear what will follow from this place.
When these kids and youth worshipped there was absolutely no performance. They really worshipped! Lord you have hidden treasures in this jungle and I am getting really excited for what he will do in this area on both sides of Mekong.
Love Anna