31 mars 2014

The Frequent Travellers first love

My beloved has been a 'Frequent Traveller' for 23 years. The first 10 years together as a couple, the rest of the years most of the journeys alone. I have a secret which will be a secret no more. In preparation before every travel, he will do the checks and repairs  of what ever needs some fixing in the house. He will see to that the MC brakes, tires, lights etc. are in a good condition. He will usually fill the car and MC with petrol. He will buy fresh flowers for me before he leaves.
He is no a FT any more. Today he left for 4 days to Chiang Mai only. And yesterday I found him busy repairing the leaks under the sink and washbasin, fixing this and that....and flowers was on the table when I came home from a meeting. He prepares for his travels so that I will be OK at home, with the little extra touch of tender love and care.
We have been married 41 years, it is true that a marriage takes working on, it doesn't make itself to stay romantic for ever, but it is the little works as it says in Revelation chapter 2 regarding our relationship with Jesus: I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen;turn around(repent) and do the first works.......  Thanks!
Love
Anna