10 februari 2014

''Friendly fire'' is not friendly at all!

I was going to write this last week but was too weak then.
The Lord taught us on the tough mission training field of Bangladesh, the reality of ''friendly fire''.
''Friendly fire'' is not friendly at all. It's a soldier friend on the same side of the battle line who shoots you in your unprotected back. Whose duty was to cover you when you're on the frontline against the bullets of the enemy. You might know or not be aware of the bullets.
What are the bullets symbols of? It's words of critisism, judgments or condemnation or back biting, gossip. David in many of his songs, writes of words and tongues like swords and knives.
I think the body of Christ suffers more casualties because of ''friendly fire'' than of any other fire. On the missionfield or in our churches at home.
Words are extremely powerful and many times we use them carelessly and agree with our enemy and wound the ones in front of us.
I believe our world would be a much better place and the church a strong happy crowd of people if we would pray like David in PS 141:3 ...''set a guard oh Lord over mouth, keep watch over the door of my lips.''
Yes we live inte the era of grace, so Father I forgive those who have spoken or cursed me, and I declare: No weapon formed against me shall prosper and every word I condemn because this is my heritage through Jesus and He is my Righteousness. (see Is 54:17)
And what about vengeance? All vengeance I have decided to place in the hands of the Lord ;-).
It's high time though that we as the church take responsibility for our words. '' Out of the same mouth proceed blessing  and cursing, My brothers these things ought not to be so.'' (see James 3:10.
What ever we see in our brother infront of us. Dare to bless instead. God knows well what to do with your blessings.
Love Anna