8 maj 2013

Master Gardener

For two days I have spent time intensively with relatively new Christians. They are the fruit of those whom we have invested in through the years. Teaching practically how to live as a follower of Jesus, mentoring, supporting. I love to do this. To build up people who will built up others who will build….


Some bear fruit quickly, for others it takes digging around the tree again and again, softening the earth around them which is a softening around hearts whom have hardened up through years of being beaten up in different ways. The soil dries and hardens stopping the living water of grace and love to flow down to the roots.

We dig and we dig again, we prune, we pour and pour out again, and at last we see fruit.

The other day when I was digging around my Mullberry bushes on my little balcony, I was thinking of the Master Gardener and his patience with us.

It is very difficult for me giving up on any plant in my potted garden. No plant is in bad enough shape to be left to dry up or to be pulled up. I try and try again. Suddenly there might spring up a new and fresh shoot.
Love Anna