26 december 2012

Be & Have shepherds/leaders....

Nice to be together as a family. We miss Tabitha, Sophie, Beatrice and Benjamin. This morning Ruth with family (and Richard a friend of Niklas) started their journey to Sweden, but Anna and I will stay a few more days here in Mondulkiri.

Shepherds/pastors/leaders and Christmas goes together. It's good to have time during the Christmas and New Year to think, hear words of wisdom from other people and from God. Mondulkiri is a good place for this.

"... the shepherds said to one another ...."


We are all shepherds/leaders in different areas and different ways to each other. Sometimes we do not realize that people around us look up to us and in different ways follow us. Jeremiah 3:15 came alive for me ... the other day.

“And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.”

My first thought was, "God give me this type of shepherds/pastors/leaders who have Your heart and feed me with knowledge and understanding. And of course the promises of God are for me. God wants to give me such shepherds/pastors/leaders ..... over me.

But my second thought came that many around me have the same prayer and that God wants to fulfill His promise to them by calling me to be a shepherd/pastor/leader after God's heart feeding them with knowledge and understanding.

The shepherds returned, the first Christmas (after they met Jesus) and I am sure that they were shepherds after the heart of Jesus, our Good Shepherd.

Woow, exciting promises of God. They involve both:

Myself to others. I become a leader after God's heart, and I feed them with knowledge and understanding.

Others to me. Others become leaders over me after God's heart feeding me with knowledge and understanding.

The Christmas message (and the whole Bible) is so rich so we need the whole life to understand it, ....partly. Ingvar