12 januari 2012

Cooperation....do I have time for that?

All of us are tempted to have too much to do …. by ourselves. By this we do not have time to cooperate with others and with God, for building up families, communities and societies. Some words from a coworker in Mongolia have been ringing in me:


"We can show how good we are at catching a lot of fish.

We can teach others to catch a lot of fish.

But if we return home with a lot of fish, but quarrel and behave violent with our wife’s and children... we have failed.''


"Our goal is to do the job,

to work well with others,

but also to have the peace of God rule in us as individuals, families and communities.''


I've been thinking about this and would like to add:


Step 1. I do the work: "Hands On".

Step 2. I teach others, so they can do the job.

Step 3. I encourage others that they also can teach others to do the job.

Step 4. I build up individuals, families and communities with the Kingdom of God values and "gifts".

Step 5. And .... it works even without me.


Life and missions is exciting. There's much more to discover in 2012 in our mission work ... ... together with God and together with other people.


Ingvar