24 februari 2010

What's your addiction?


Did you know that the shower is a good place for meditation ;-). I was preparing in my heart what to teach in the area of addiction for upcoming camp. It struck me that just now I was fighting my own addiction. Pardon me, I didn't mean to give you a fright. I have forced myself to take a short break at a hide away resort(but with internet, praise the Lord) and I found myself be addicted to people. I am in withdrawal. My mind runs for the escapes to call somebody, or invite somebody for dinner or why not come for a swim or, or, or...... Then I say to may self, NO Anna, just slow down. You do NOT need others just now, you need God. You need quietness. You need to be alone.
Yea, I have been in that ditch too. Where solitude can become an addiction. Where I just long to be alone with God as an escape. You know I could go on for ever in this subject, because anything can become addictive. But just now I am thoroughly enjoying to have time to listen to the Lord away from the stresses around me, and smell the flowers in the rose garden, take a swim and long walks, even if I am gone for only 48 hours. Love Anna