30 november 2009

Positive revists

The 24th January this year I came unconscious to this hospital in an ambulance and was 3 days fighting for my life. I had 4 days in ICU and recovered for 36 days in the room next to this one. I was totally 40 days in this hospital.

Yesterday morning I came here driving the car by myself, walked in and was fully awake during a 45 minutes hernia operation. Today after 24 hours, I will be discharged and come home.

It is good to make positive revisits to places, even operation theaters and ICUs, where we have had bad experiences. Last time my 4 days experience at ICU was …. terrible. This time I had a good talk, even during the operation, with the anesthesia doctor and the surgeon himself. And the 3 hours in the recovery room was a good experience, while the ability to sense returned from waste down.

In prayercounseling we are sometimes encouraged that in prayer together with Jesus ”revisit” dark memories and together with Jesus (Immanuel, God with us) realize that he was there, even if we were not aware of his presence and work.

It is also positive to physically revisit places we have been struggling in. And with Jesus and good friends …… experience a positive revisit. Ingvar