16 januari 2022

Difference between Religion and Jesus

What is the different between religion and JESUS? Sometimes we can be tempted to work hard to tell people: Become a Christian because Christianity is the better religion. 

Religion says: You have to walk right, left, straight .... and hopefully you will be good enough to make it. In Ubon-Pakse the merit making is central. You are good enough if you have done enough merits. 

Jesus says: I have opened the way, by grace. I will walk with you and show you the way. 

"He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, 
and before you know it, 
he brings us alongside someone else 
who is going through hard times 
so that we can be there for that person 
just as God was there for us". 2 Cor 1:3 

I have in many countries been looking for new places. For Churches, houses, offices etc. Many times people has told me: Go right, go left, go straight and you will find it. But the best has always been if someone says; I take my MC och will show you the way: Follow me. 

This is what Jesus does: He knows the way and leads me. 

Ingvar(Fred)