6 oktober 2016

.... Phace 3.

Life has many chapters. Three of them for us missionaries are:

Phase 1. The first 3-4 years in a new place, everything feels new and exciting. A honeymoon has arrived. People, streets, shops, nature, culture, church, food, job +++  everything feels amazing and exciting. And in this all I believe 100% that: "I have what it takes to make a difference in this place" "I can work hard and I can bring in new missionary models". All will be good and the Kingdom of God will grow rapidly.

Phase 2. After 4 years or so, I feel at home. The honeymoon is over and the “ordinary” life takes over for me personally but also in my relationship with others. I start to see the ordinary life the people of the land are living in. And it is tougher than I first thought. I start to realize that the most important thing in this place is not all I can do, my title, my knowledge, my effort, my programs and my money. I realize I do not have what it takes to see a transformation in the Church and in society. Something more, higher and deeper is required. The question: "Is it better that I give up?"  And look for something new and exiting again ?


At this point we have a big choose to make: To stay or to leave.


But when we  choose to stay the Phase 3 comes as a deliverance. I find that it is God's presence and with God's actions the situation can change from within. I hear again the words of God himself:
So the key is:      We walk heart-to-heart with God and with the people
                        We trust God to do a mighty work heart-to-heart among us  …  from within.
                     And whatever You Lord ask us to do…. we will do it all with Your power.

God I follow you heart-to-heart today: I expect you to do miracles and many might works in Ubon. 
Heartly greetings from Ingvar at Soi 11 Chayangkun Road Ubon