10 april 2014

The fruit is falling into our hands...

The fruit is falling into our hands...
After having lunch today at the foodcourt of Tesco Lotus, I needed to drop into our bank to update the bankbooks of the organisation. The young bank woman who I have met a few times earlier, didn't really listen to what I wanted. But it seemed she was full of questions just waiting for me to drop by so she could get them off her chest.

Q: What can I do to make God accept me?
A: Nothing that you can do, but believe in Jesus Christ......
Q: What more can I do so that God will love me more?
A: God loves you already in full measure. There is nothing more you can do to make Him love you more.
Her big beautiful eyes starts to fill with tears. She speaks really fast and in a hushed voice, I understand she doesn't wan't her collegues to hear.
Q: What will you teach me if I come to the meeting at the restaurant? Sorry I couldn't come last month?
A: I said we will share who Jesus is and what He has done for you and me.
Q: Will you teach religion?
A: It's about having a relationship with God not a religion. Religion cannot help me, but knowing Jesus as a friend that is the key.

I have never in my life encountered such openness in a society.
It feels like the fruit is so ripe it's falling into our hands. All glory to Jesus!
Thanks for praying with us for the harvest. Keep on praying.
Love Anna