2 februari 2013

Servant Leader.... what is that?

Yesterday I met Bijoy and his wife Premi. Bijoy looked very happy after his last week ministering in Sweden. I thanked him for what he have given the Swedes and asked: Did the Swedes take care of you? Yes ... he answered without hesitation. Good, I replied. I am happy because you Indians take very good care of us when we are in India. He smiled even more.

This is indeed Cross-Cultural Missions.

I met also Dino. We have worked together several years in EFICOR in India. I'll never forget when after the Tsunami disaster (26th Dec 2004) Dino and I went January 2005 to Tamil Nadu and worked and walked among those affected. I saw Dino's heart and His Servant Leader capacity. He was 100% servant for those affected and 100% leader of a large organization. It is only in the Kingdom of God we can be this at the same time.

He visited me also in the spring of 2009 after my motorcycle accident. I saw again his Servant Leader capacity. Wow, he took the time to visit me when I felt totally down and totally useless. This is a Servant Leader.

I have had a blessed last week with ministry including with a Church Planting survey. I have met pastors, leaders and members. I meet those burning with a great pioneering heart for church planting, but .. also those who lost the fire.

I am challenged myself to grow in my Servant Leader capacity. To be 100% a bondservant of God but also 100% a leader. Ingvar