13 april 2012

Worship that brings healing

Since the month of February we have started something we call Healing Worship at the Tree of Life Ministry. Through my years of ministry to the hurting I have often come across testimonies of healing when they have been in worship of Jesus Christ. Sometimes its the essence of the words that are finding their ways down into the hidden painful memories, sometimes it is the anointed music that touches. I am sure that worship is one of the tools the Lord loves to use, as we let down our defenses and lay our hearts bare before Him, He comes and restores.

Last Friday a lady shared with me how the grief of a brothers untimely death, which had been locked in, in her heart for several years, and the song that was sung was the key that released the tears and she received peace.
I remember many years ago, when my mother in law and I visited a precious woman and member of our church family. We found her in a state of unconsciousness on the hospital bed, everyone expecting her to die very soon, we started to sing to her, and a few hours later she woke up and asked for her false teeth, and said she was hungry ;-). That was fun!
I am expecting more fun on more news of the great Healer.
Love
Anna