28 augusti 2011

Bless our society ... on all levels

I found the Singapore presidential election Saturday 27th August 2011, very interesting. It`s true that I like to follow elections. One reason is that I find many biblical values highlighted during elections that people are looking for.

I listened at TV news to Dr. Tony Tan Tan. He asked the voters to think who would best represent Singapore, at home and abroad, and who would have the right temperament, character and courage to remain calm at times of turbulence.

I followed also his press conference yesterday. He is clear … and I trust he will become a good president the next six years. Interestingly, he is Anglican and nr 2 in the elections, is a Catholic. The two others, who came 3rd and 4th is not, what I could see, declaring their religion.

Dr. Tony Tan is 71 years old. But still he does not giving up, but wants to give Singporianerna: Confindence For The Future.

I am happy to see that more and more Christians in Asia are becoming good leaders on all levels of the society. We Christians can surely, bless the societies we live in and also the countries as a whole. Ingvar