3 september 2009

Is the heart of yours, still good....?



This morning I took a look at the bag I received yesterday from the Pharmacy at the hospital, with medicine and advice to cure my stomach. Is the heart of yours still good....? or should we say; What's the condition of your heart?

I thought, that question should be good to ask ourselves now and then.

The disciples of Jesus didn't understand the miracles of feeding the 5000 men with 5 bread and 2 fish, because the hearts were hardened. Paul wanted the Chorinthians to widen their hearts (it was tight in there). Hearts can be cold (loveless, no compassion etc) or they can be warm.


I was cleaning out my inbox in the computer(a good activity when I anyway have to be near a restroom at all times)and I came across an old article from an author who have written many good books. He writes the 2 most important things in the Christian life is, to seek to know Gods heart and to know our own hearts. As we seek Gods heart then we will also find our own.


I am in a season when I read with renewed hunger the gospels, with the desire to catch the heart of Jesus, his attitude and way of living and working among the needy and others. It is so easy to loose our heart, when life is rolling by. It also reminds me of Prov 4:23 Above all keep your heart with all diligence because out of it flows the issues of life. Love Anna