23 september 2013

Saying goodbye

Today I spent sometime sorting through what plants to bring along to Ubon and what plants to leave  for someone else to enjoy. Even this is a 'saying goodbye'. Talking to myself: Maybe they will not appreciate them, maybe the new family cannot wait until the plants brings forth flowers and will just chuck them away. Some orchids only buds once a year. They don't know that this ugly plant is a rare orchid with beautiful flowers. And the ones I have nurtured and multiplied by cuttings, will they  appreciate, the way I do. The huge coffee plant, the  orchids the funny goatshaped leaves, the lillies...
I realize that I cannot expect that any successor will nurture and care the way that I have nurtered and multiplied and loved these plants, because they have not spent their energy and love on them, and there is a high risk of being thrown away before ''they can prove themselves''. The same way the garden speak about the people I have invested in through many years. Many beautiful people, but some came to me quite ugly, messed up, starving for love, beaten and bruised. They were nurtered, loved, fed and some are blooming, others have multiplied but our successors have not seen what they were.
This is part of life. I am entrusting the plants in the hands of the Father. He knows what they were and He knows where they are going.