17 januari 2013

Seeds & fresh Spiritual Food

The pastor preached an old sermon. It was biblical and "food", but I've heard it before. It was not fresh hot and new food, but hard crisp bread (knäckebröd we have in Sweden). It is also food.

My solution was to hear with one ear on the preacher and the other ear to what God had to say. And ... God himself had very fresh delicious food to me that morning.

I have a word of advice to you: If you hear me preach an old dry sermon, listen more to God than to me. OK!

Another type of seed. I have met many Christians over the years, who later died as martyrs, imprisoned, disappeared or got a "mysterious" death. Always my first prayer is: God why?

Last Friday it was a funeral of Birgitta A. (71 years old) that were killed serving in Pakistan. I met her last year some 40 days before this happened.

I say: Best to part as friends: One day we might have to work together again. And then it's good not to have any unnecessary laggage.

Maybe I should start to add: Best to part as friends: We may never meet again. I said goodbye to Birgitta A. in Lahore on 26th October 2012, without understanding that she will become a martyr 40 days later.

The 2nd-century Church Father Tertullian wrote "The blood of martyrs is the seed of the Church".

All places needs seeds and fresh spiritual food. May we faithfully serve hot and new spiritual food to everyone. Ingvar